S’mores Sandwich Cookies
I really want to go camping! At the very least, pitch a tent in my backyard and sleep outside one night. Unfortunately, I can’t find a tent and none of my family or friends will camp out with me… Looks like I’ll be making s’mores on my own inside!
As much as I love the activity of making s’mores over a campfire, I’d much rather prefer baking something resembling s’mores… Does that make me a bad person? What if I eat whatever I baked outside?
If you like s’mores, I can assure you, you will love S’mores Sandwich Cookies. Roasted marshmallows and warm melted chocolate sandwiched between two chewy graham cracker cookies. Golden.
I am definitely feeling inspired to make s’more s’mores desserts after this gem! ;)
In other news, I’ve created a Recipe Index so you can find all of my recipes quickly and easily!
S’mores Sandwich Cookies recipe by Urban Strawberries:
Chewy Graham Cookies:
2 cups all purpose flour
½ cup graham flour
¾ cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup dark brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 egg, at room temperature
Cinnamon sugar coating:
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
S’mores Sandwich Filling:
24 marshmallows, cut in half lengthwise
1 ½ to 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick liner (or parchment paper), and set aside.
- To prepare the cookie dough, cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, honey, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Add the egg and beat until incorporated into the creamed mixture. Stir in the flours.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon for the cinnamon sugar coating.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons (or smaller) of the dough, shape them into balls, and roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar coating.
- Place each ball on the prepared cookie sheet, bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookie is slightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to a low broil
- Once cooled, place half the cookies, flat side up on one baking sheet and place a sliced marshmallow on top. Place on the top rack and broil marshmallow topped cookie for 1-2 minutes until golden. (Make sure to watch closely!)
- While marshmallows are roasting, place the second half of cookies on another baking sheet, flat side up, and place 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips on top. Place chocolate chip topped cookie in oven and broil until chocolate is melted and spreadable.
- Remove from oven and top with toasted marshmallow cookie. (Squeeze gently to have oozing chocolate out the sides!)
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Servings per Recipe: 24
Fat: 9.1 g (Saturated 5.5 g)
Cholesterol: 25 mg
Carbohydrate: 38 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 2.1 g
**Note: I calculated nutritional facts using a feature on Daily Burn.