Chicken Rollatini with Spinach all Parmigiana
I apologize for the quality of these pictures, I had a hungry man to feed in my kitchen…. And you don’t keep hungry men waiting.
On my Chipotle Barbacoa Beef post I discussed my love for the site, Skinny Taste. It is a great website full of light and healthy recipes that are actually delicious! I’ve already pinned many of her recipes and can’t wait to share them! Additional bonus, she includes nutritional information on all of her recipes!
I promised my mom that I would start including more quick and healthy dinner recipes on The Bite-Sized Baker since
all a lot of my recipes aren’t necessarily diet-friendly. Apparently Baked Mac and Cheese and Fudgy Salty Peanut Butter Brownies aren’t good for your waistline? Who knew?!
This recipe is a good friend of the diet and the taste buds! Lightly breaded chicken stuffed with cheesy goodness and lots of spinach! The flavors of Italian without feeling like you have to hit the treadmill after. It’s a simple and quick preparation and works great as leftovers throughout the week!
Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana recipe by Skinny Taste:
Gina’s Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 194.7 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 24.2 g • Carb: 7.2 g • Fiber: 1.5 g
8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
½ cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
6 tablespoons egg whites or egg beaters
5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
6 tablespoons part skim ricotta cheese
6 oz part skim mozzarella
Olive oil non-stick spray
1 cup pomodoro sauce or your favorite marinara sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp grated cheese in one bowl and 1/4 cup egg beaters or egg whites in another.
- Shred or finely chop 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated cheese, spinach (make sure you squeeze it dry), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.
- Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with olive oil.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes. Serve with additional sauce on the side and a big green salad.