Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’m in love! I’m in love! And I don’t care who knows it!
Sure, I’ve said this all before. I throw the “L” word around like it ain’t no thang. But this is love for all I know it to be. It is some srsly serious deliciousness.
And that’s a lot of deliciousness, especially in a chocolate chip cookie.
If given the chance, I know we would live happily ever after together … Just two buttery, puffy, and soft mounds… Hanging out… Talking about how good browned butter smells.
Butter makes it better.
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies 2 All-Butter Version recipe by Sugar Plum:
½ cup unsalted butter
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
¾ teaspoon flaky sea salt
¼ cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into tiny pieces
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips (Ghiradelli!)
¾ cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; continue to cook the butter, whisking frequently, until it starts to brown and foam, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, sift together flour and baking soda; stir in yeast, salt and additional ¼ cup butter, until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, beat browned butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined and grainy, about 1 minute. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually beat in flour mixture until just combined; stir in chocolate chips and walnuts with a wooden spoon, until combined. Chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously butter a cookie sheet.
- Drop ¼ cup measures of dough onto cookie sheet, forming into large mounds, and bake at 375 degrees F, for 12-14 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool for 2 minutes before transferring to wire racks.
Makes 16 large cookies