Skip to content

Cookie Butter-White Chocolate Rice Krispies

March 11, 2012
tags:

I made the mistake of going to Trader Joe’s on an empty stomach this weekend.

What was supposed to be a “Healthy Grocery-Shopping Trip” quickly turned into a “Baking Supplies Extravaganza.”

I was literally the little girl running down the aisles and placing every item into my shopping basket. There were stares. But it was totally worth it.

My favorite purchase of the day was Speculoos Cookie Butter. You heard me. Cookie. Butter.

I have a feeling Speculoos Cookie Butter will fall into the category of “Foods I Cannot Buy” list alongside peanut butter, cereal, and ice cream very soon. It is just TOO GOOD—like sneaking-spoonfuls-of-Cookie-Butter-while-I-wait-for-my-coffee-to-brew-at-7AM good.

So I made something with it… for me… and you. But mostly me. Speculoos Cookie Butter-White Chocolate Rice Krispies. That’s a mouthful. Especially when your mouth is full of Speculoos Cookie Butter-White Chocolate Rice Krispies while you’re saying it.

Cookie Butter-White Chocolate Rice Krispies slightly adapted from Lauren’s Latest:

2 tablespoons butter

2 cups mini marshmallows

¼ cup Speculoos Cookie Butter (Biscoff works too.)

2 ¾ cups crispy rice cereal

½ cup white chocolate chips

1. In a large pot, melt butter and marshmallows together until smooth. Take off heat and stir in cookie butter spread. Pour in cereal and stir until cereal is sticky and every grain is coated. Stir in white chocolate chips. You may have to stir a little more than when making plain rice krispie treats. Pour into a greased 8×8 dish, press down to even the top and cool to room temperature.
About these ads
7 Comments leave one →
  1. March 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Those look delicious! Rice krispie treats are my guilty pleasure!

2. terrylee permalink
    March 12, 2012 2:25 pm

And you looked down on people sneeking Nutella by the spoonful!

• March 12, 2012 3:39 pm

I don’t know about “sneeking Nutella” but I do know that “sneaking Nutella” and not exercising isn’t the Weight Watchers way!

3. March 25, 2012 11:57 am

made these yesterday for my daughter’s college softball team. They loved them and so did I.

• March 25, 2012 2:14 pm

Wow, talk about an awesome mom! I wish my mom brought treats to my college field hockey games… Haha. And I am so glad you liked them! I’m on a rice krispies kick right now!

4. March 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Also made the raspberry hugs for the team as well. Those were a big hit too. love the blog.

Trackbacks