Skip to content

Nutella-Stuffed Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt

September 18, 2012

Holy, motherload. My life has changed. Because of a cookie. This cookie.

It was gloomy, I was beyond lazy, and I had one thing on my mind… I wanted to bake something. I really shouldn’t restrict myself from baking… I just go crazy.

I  had seen this recipe published on Tastespotting earlier in the week and I bookmarked it because I knew I couldn’t live another week without baking it. Not an exaggeration.  In my humble opinion, bookmarking is a pretty big deal now that I have Pinterest to pin the thousands of recipes I’m “going to try.” If I bookmark something, there is no possible way I will forget about it… Not like you could pay me forget about cookies with browned butter, but you get the idea.

This recipe literally sang to me. Browned butter has never let me down, but for some reason I’ve never really tried sprinkling my cookies with sea salt. I have no idea why I’ve waited this long because the salty-sweet combination rocked my world. And then there was Nutella… I’m not one of those people who goes ga-ga over Nutella, but when it’s stuffed inside of a cookie I kind of lose my cool.

Ughh, they were so good that while writing this short post I ran into the kitchen and baked the remaining cookie dough. And as soon as I am finished writing this post/devouring cookies I plan on baking a second batch… Why yes, I do have self-control.

Nutella-Stuffed Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt recipe by Ambitious Kitchen:

2¼ cup all-purpose flour

1¼ teaspoons baking soda

¼ teaspoon of salt

2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter

1¼ cup packed dark brown sugar

¼ cup granulated sugar

1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk

1½ teaspoons vanilla extract

1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt

½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

½  cup milk chocolate chips

1 jar of Nutella, chilled in refrigerator

Coarse sea salt for sprinkling

1. In a large bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt until combined. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt and cook down the butter until little brown bits appear in the pan and you smell a nutty aroma. Remove from the heat.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together butter and sugars until fully incorporated. Beat in egg, yolk, vanilla, and yogurt until combined. Gradually add the dry ingredients until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
  3. Place cookie dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours to let the flavors meld together.
  4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Roll 1½ tablespoons of dough and flatten the dough to make a flat circle. Place 1 teaspoon of chilled Nutella in the middle then place another flat circle of cookie dough on top. Crimp edges to seal.
  5. Place dough balls on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart and bake 9-11 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
  6. Sprinkle with sea salt and let cool on wire racks.
About these ads
144 Comments leave one →
  1. September 18, 2012 11:49 am

These cookies sound divine!! I love love love brown butter and the thought of that plus chocolate chip cookies plus sea salt…. I see these in my future!

• September 18, 2012 6:30 pm

PLEASE make them, they will make your day.. even week! You can never go wrong with cookies from scratch! :)

2. September 18, 2012 2:46 pm

OMG they sound divine..think I will be baking these this week:0) x

3. Kaela permalink
    September 19, 2012 5:13 am

Can’t wait to bake these! they look awesome Claire!

4. September 29, 2012 9:53 pm

These look so good! Im going to try them soon! =)

5. Lilred permalink
    October 7, 2012 7:56 pm

Oh my word. I made these tonight – thank you so much for posting the recipe – they are to die for! I did sprinkle the sea salt before cooking because I wanted it to stick. What a difference the browned butter makes. I will try that with a few of my favorite cookie recipes.
    These were a huge it!! Great post

6. Jackie permalink
    October 8, 2012 7:13 pm

Just made these tonight. They are fantastic, and I can tell already, will be a crowd pleaser.

• October 9, 2012 12:16 pm

Thanks, Jackie! You can never go wrong with Chocolate Chip Cookies, let alone with browned butter, Nutella, and sea salt!

7. October 25, 2012 1:13 am

These sound and look INSANELY delicious!!! Can’t wait to try them!

8. Something Blue permalink
    October 30, 2012 6:26 pm

I just made these and it’s true…they are delicious! However, if I were to make them again, this is what I would change; I would use only semi sweet chocolate morsels, and the mini size, and about 3/4 c. less. I would also probably leave out the Nutella….I know, I know! But, it was tedious adding it to the cookies and to be honest I didn’t feel it made them great, so… I think what really makes this recipe special is the brown butter.

• November 7, 2012 6:47 pm

Browned butter makes everything better! I think my favorite attribute of these cookies are the sea salt. I’m a salt feign.

9. November 3, 2012 6:26 pm

I have two batches of these waiting in the fridge to bake. The dough is devine! I hope the cookie is just as delicious. Thinking of not adding the nutella to the second back as well.

• November 7, 2012 6:46 pm

Pleaseee tell me you tried at least one with Nutella?! I agree, these cookies are amazing on their own, but the addition of Nutella makes me swoon!

10. Brandi permalink
    November 8, 2012 11:33 am

About how many does this recipe make?

11. Tina permalink
    November 9, 2012 6:26 pm

I have been making CC cookies with my son (9) for years now so we just used your recipe and we were both blown away !!! We always make from scratch and love trying new but now we don’t have to try new ones ! Bravo !!!! Thank u for sharing :)

12. Lisa permalink
    November 19, 2012 10:24 am

Hi! I want to make these today but one little question…how many oz of Nutella?? I bought a GINORMOUS jar from a box store so pretty sure its not that size jar…or maybe it is;) TU!

• November 19, 2012 12:26 pm

It depends on how much Nutella you like! I like to add anywhere from 1-2 teaspoons depending on the cookie to Nutella ratio… But I also eat Nutella plain, so whatever you prefer!

• Lisa permalink
        December 3, 2012 10:15 pm

Seriously…my (3rd batch) new (licking my finger(s)hands) favorite cookie!!!! They (licking bowl) turned out (licking parchment paper) fantastic! Thank you:):):)

• December 4, 2012 12:25 pm

You’re welcome and I could not agree more!

13. Jessica permalink
    December 1, 2012 10:00 pm

My dough seems very dry. The chocolate chips barely stick to it and it crumbles when trying to wrap the Nutella. Is this how it is supposed to be? I haven’t seen my finished product yet but I do know that I followed the recipe completely!

• December 3, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi Jessica, is there a chance you forgot to add a wet ingredient or maybe miscalculated the flour amount? The dough is not too wet, but it has never broke apart for me. What was the end result for you??

14. Jessica Rishel permalink
    December 4, 2012 10:16 am

I want to make these amazingly delicious looking cookies for my annual cookie swap party this year! Does anyone know about how many the recipe makes? Thanks!!!!

• December 4, 2012 12:24 pm

It really depends on how big you make them! The most I have ever gotten out of the recipe is 24 small cookies.

15. Natalie permalink
    December 12, 2012 5:03 pm

I’ve got the dough chilling in the fridge. My dough is not dry – it’s actually very “slick” looking – but I also had the problem of the chocolate chips not sticking to the dough. Also, I only added 1 cup of chips – I can’t imagine adding any more than that or the dough will be all chips!! I definitely didn’t miss an ingredient! Hopefully they will turn out as great as they look on this site!

• December 13, 2012 8:34 pm

I just made a revision to the recipe– I’ve gotten quite a few remarks about the chocolate chips so I adjusted it in the recipe!

16. Kellyk permalink
    December 12, 2012 7:43 pm

What should I do if I don’t have a stand mixer?

17. Deb permalink
    December 14, 2012 11:00 am

OKAY … these are DELICIOUS! YUM YUM YUM

18. Maureen permalink
    December 16, 2012 1:54 pm

These are my new go-to cookie! I’m making my third batch for a Christmas party tonight. I like the revisions you made, but I’m still adding the dark chocolate chips as I like to call them “triple chocolate chip” cookies-it adds another layer of decadence:) The sea salt is my favorite touch, too. Thank you for passing this amazing recipe along!

• December 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Thank you, Maureen! You can call them your “quadruple chocolate chip” cookies if you count the Nutella! ;) Happy Holidays!

19. Marissa permalink
    December 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Found these on pinterest, and made them for my mom’s birthday! I had to use a store bought mix; we didn’t have any of the other ingredients, but I browned the butter and used the nutella. They were delicious! I made them at a friend’s house, and they almost didn’t make it home. Irresistible and so simple! Thank you!

• December 18, 2012 1:20 pm

You’re welcome! And store bought mix is genius– one time when you have a little more time you have to try it form scratch.. Makes all the difference! Happy Holidays!

20. December 17, 2012 11:06 pm

21. April permalink
    December 18, 2012 8:43 am

These are AH-MAY-ZING! Made them as my secret santa gift for work…they are all gone. I love flaky sea salt as well as nutella. I made these just like the recipe & I couldn’t be happier! Now, I am trying to figure out a way to add browned butter to some other faves! Thank you & Happy Holidays!!

22. December 18, 2012 10:49 am

The second I read the title of this pin on pinterest I knew I’d be making these ASAP!! I would already have a batch going but I have to run out and get chocolate chips first! These look beyond amazing!

23. Ann permalink
    December 18, 2012 10:51 pm

Mine spread out all over the pan, not sure if the amount of butter is correct?

• December 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Did you let the dough harden in the fridge prior to baking them?

• Mary Beth permalink
        January 27, 2013 7:28 pm

Mine spread out as well..I put the dough in the fridge for about 1 hour. I was also thinking it might be that my baking soda might be old…would that make a difference? In any case, these are delicious!

24. Katherine permalink
    December 19, 2012 3:51 pm

How long/well do these cookies store? Are they chewy on the day after they’re made? I want to make these on Thursday night and be ready to give them out on Friday :)

25. Nate permalink
    December 24, 2012 12:39 pm

These are fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

26. Maryposa permalink
    January 12, 2013 2:13 pm

I’m about to try these and am beyond excited, however I’m at an extremely high altitude (abt 7,000 ft) any tips or recommendations?

27. February 5, 2013 10:12 am

These have been on my pinterest for a while now.. Today’s the day. We have a playdate today and I think these will be for the moms:) thank you for sharing!!!

28. Jess permalink
    February 6, 2013 11:58 am

how cool should the butter get?

• February 6, 2013 12:25 pm

Just cool to the touch! I typically brown the butter first thing and then I go ahead with the recipe and incorporate it as soon as it is called for. You just don’t want to cook the eggs with hot butter!

29. MichaHappyCake permalink
    February 6, 2013 3:13 pm

Can’t wait to try these. My 6yr old son is a Nutella monster. (He will not eat PB&J sandwiches, just Nutella &raspberry jelly sammies!) I think he will pass out from excitement with these. Hmmm…speaking of peanut butter…I wonder how they would turn out if you used pb instead of nutella?? Just may have to try that too!! Thanks!

30. JessaKat permalink
    February 7, 2013 6:07 pm

Made these and they were excellent! The only thing that i had to adjust was the time! I had to leave them in way longer than the times listed but the wait was worth it!!

31. Sarah W. permalink
    February 26, 2013 1:44 am

Made these tonight. I seriously couldn’t wait another day, I had to stay up until way past my bedtime to finish them. I’ll regret it at work tomorrow, but my co-workers won’t! These are ah-mazing!!!!!

32. Shaina permalink
    March 8, 2013 7:33 pm

I know this was posted a long time ago, but just in case you see this…i don’t generally have greek yogurt or anything like it around, because i’m lactose intolerant. is there anything more commonplace i could use, or could i omit it?

• Milena permalink
      February 19, 2014 11:01 am

Shaina, you can have greek yogurt if you are lactose intolerant! Yogurt has very little lactose, because the beneficial bacteria consume the lactose in the fermentation process. My daughter is lactose intolerant and can eat yogurt with no issues.

33. Jessica S permalink
    March 13, 2013 11:55 am

I made these cookies around the holidays and they were a HUGE hit! My husband asks for these every week (no exaggeration), and he even says they are his all time favorite cookie (his mother is a phenomenal baker so that is a high honor!). Great recipe!GREAT cookie!

34. May 15, 2013 7:36 am

This looks amazing and I just lost my cool by looking at your pics…. Uaaaah… I want one of these right now. Please!!!

35. Leslie permalink
    May 19, 2013 5:32 pm

I just found this recipe via pinterest, and holy cow. My dough is chilling in the fridge as we speak, and I will probably make another batch. Just the taste of the dough with the brown butter is amazing! I went to Ambitious where you got the article, and her recipe calls for 3/4 semisweet, 1/2 cup milk, AND 1/2 dark/bittersweet. I actually bought all three kinds since I plan to make two batches, and figure I’ll use them anyway. I’m a chocolate fiend tho, so think only one cup of chips is NOT enough. Most recipes call for a whole regular sized bag of chips, which is more than a cup. Also, I like your way of stuffing the cookies better..seems easier than the way she did it.

36. Elizabeth permalink
    May 29, 2013 7:33 am

These sound amazing! About how many cookies do you get out of 1 recipe? And do you think the would freeze well?

37. June 17, 2013 1:56 am

Soft or crispy????

38. Jane permalink
    June 21, 2013 9:54 pm

These are the best! I made them for a block party and everyone was telling me how amazing they were. My husband said they are the best cookies I’ve made!

39. June 25, 2013 2:09 pm

This maybe sounds a bit daft , but how do you brown butter? I do a lot of baking but have never heard of ‘ browning butter ‘ before

• July 2, 2013 12:41 pm

I’ve attached a link to an older post that goes into great detail on how to brown butter. It’ll change your life!!

• marie permalink
        December 6, 2013 12:03 am

Where can I find out how to brown butter

40. September 14, 2013 10:31 pm

I’ve baked these cookies four times since finding the recipe. They’re that good. My husband and I thank you!!

41. jaime permalink
    September 18, 2013 7:56 pm

I made there today for my bunco group… was disappointed I followed the directions exactly but the dough seemed really dry and only came up with 14 large cookies… that spread out really thin rather than looking like the ones in the picture that look a bit thicker…. did I do something wrong?

42. Suzanne Johnson permalink
    September 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Can’t wait to try these. Is there some way to change the printing format for your recipes. I was shocked to turn around and see that 14 pages had printed to get this recipe. What a waste of paper and ink.

43. Belle permalink
    October 19, 2013 2:13 am

Hi- i dont have any greek yogurt- would it turn out bad if i don’t put it in? :(

44. Tal permalink
    October 22, 2013 12:01 pm

These look amazing! i must make them! (yes, took me a while to discover the recipe)

But since i’m new to this whole browned butter thing, i have a question:
    Does it really work when the butter is completely melted like that? for most cookie recipes you only need to soften the butter. plus, how do you whisk the butter and sugar to be fluffy if the butter is melted?

Thanks!

45. Kalina permalink
    November 2, 2013 9:16 am

Do you know if they freeze well? I want to make some ahead of time for Christmas!

46. NYCMomof2Boys permalink
    November 27, 2013 3:30 pm

They are in a word….EPIC!

47. suzanne permalink
    December 2, 2013 12:53 pm

do you let the butter reharden or use it in liquid form?

48. MyChelle Russell permalink
    December 3, 2013 10:38 am

I am so confused… not sure if it someone else has asked this question….
    I have read and reread the recipe and it does not say to brown the butter….
    I am not an expert in anything in the kitchen so please help!!!!
    If the butter is to be browned HOW??

Confused in Florida

49. December 3, 2013 2:33 pm

Recommend browning the butter – and refrigerating to allow it to get solid. Then prepare as you would normal chocolate chip cookies. Much easier to work with dough when butter is creamed with the sugar…

Also – Spread nutella in greased sheet pan and freeze. Cut small squares – roll into balls and insert into dough… You will be SO HAPPY you did this instead of messing with soft nutella….

50. December 3, 2013 3:20 pm

Do you think you could use caramel instead of the nutella?

51. December 3, 2013 3:21 pm

Do you think this would work with caramel instead of nutella?

• MichaLyn permalink
      December 17, 2013 10:31 am

Try Rollos! I bet that would work beautifully. (I made some with peanut butter and that is also ridiculously delicious.) :)

52. Staci permalink
    December 5, 2013 8:31 am

Has anyone tried making them in a muffin tin?

53. Walter permalink
    December 5, 2013 8:41 am

I have to try these but I think I will substitute Chocolate Philadelphia Cream Cheese for the Nutella.

54. Mike permalink
    December 5, 2013 10:00 am

hello, i do not own a stand mixer……i assume i can do this by hand it will just be more difficult to mix? please advise…..thanks!

55. December 5, 2013 12:26 pm

Quick question-Will these ship? I ask because we are starting our annual Cookie Mailing, and I know a few people who would chew through the box to get to these cookies.

56. Emily permalink
    December 6, 2013 1:28 am

Can I leave out the yogurt!? i dont have any.

57. Bpie permalink
    December 6, 2013 9:51 am

I’m sure they are delicious, but they are not nut allergy friendly. These kind of cookies cause many allergic reactions because they have hidden or unexpected ingredients that many people wouldn’t think are in a chocolate chip cookie.

58. Christine permalink
    December 6, 2013 5:44 pm

Do you add a full jar of Nutella or just a few tablespoons for a batch of 24 cookies?

• Christine permalink
      December 7, 2013 7:16 pm

Never mind…It would be helpful if I had read all the directions!!! I made them and they are AWESOME!

59. December 7, 2013 4:15 pm

Is it possible to replace the Greek yogurt with sour cream?

60. Jules permalink
    December 7, 2013 4:32 pm

Just made these and they are hands down the best tasting cookie I’ve ever made! I left the dough in the fridge for about 2.5 hours and it was pretty hard when I tried to roll into balls and the chocolate chips kept popping out. I just pushed the chocolate chips back into the dough and made it work. It made 25 pretty large cookies. Yummy!!!

61. Maria permalink
    December 7, 2013 8:16 pm

I’ve had bad luck when doubling recipes in the past, but I feel I need at least 48 of these between my family and the cookie swap I’m planning to bring them to… Has anyone made a double batch yet? Was it successful?

62. Mychelle Kendrick permalink
    December 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Amazing looking…. must get ingredients.

63. Beth permalink
    December 11, 2013 9:30 am

Thank you! i have never baked before, and i was really nervous because i dont have the mixing machine, these cookies came out perfect!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

64. Ashley permalink
    December 11, 2013 10:40 am

My mom is forcing me to make these -_- lol I’m too excited because I’m allergic to Nutella so I won’t be able to try them :(

65. December 11, 2013 10:12 pm

I just made these tonight and they were INCREDIBLE! I gave you a huge shout out on my blog about it :-). Instead of nutella, I had rollos and I stuffed the cookies with them. The caramel with the sea salt…OMG!!!

66. Mark Lopez permalink
    December 13, 2013 12:51 am

This is amazing. Your enthusiasm for these cookies is amazing. My family…

shall be amazed.

67. sam g permalink
    December 13, 2013 10:51 am

Any way to make these paleo-ish???

68. Polly permalink
    December 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Am I stupid in asking what you mean by browned butter? (I’m from Scotland)

69. Persefoni permalink
    December 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Ok, I feel like an idiot asking this, but how do I ‘brown butter’? P.s., if you are a salty sweet fan, have you ever tried dark chocolate bars with sea salt? DiBruno Brothers (Philadelphia) makes them.

70. Kathy G permalink
    December 14, 2013 6:20 pm

I am rummaging for the ingredients right now. As it is snowing heavily I might as well enjoy the snow whilst enjoying these yummy cookies.

71. December 15, 2013 11:19 am

Love this! I’ve been sprinkling chocolate chip cookie with sea salt for a while now, but now to add Nutella! Yum!

72. December 15, 2013 12:10 pm

OMG… I’m so going to try these when I’ve converted measurements to UK as I find cups difficult to work with. These sound divine, please what is all-purpose flour?! Is that self-raising or plain??? Sorry I’m not sure of the equivalent. Thank you xXx

• Jennifer permalink
      December 15, 2013 10:32 pm

All-purpose flour is just plain flour, NOT self rising.

73. laurenametrano permalink
    December 17, 2013 2:36 pm

I’m in the process of making these. I made the dough last night and put it in the fridge. When they cook, the spread out. I know I measured everything correctly. Thoughts? I’m so disappointed. I’m making them for a cookie swap tomorrow.

74. Lisa permalink
    December 21, 2013 4:16 pm

Nutella cookies

75. Polly permalink
    December 22, 2013 11:13 pm

I make really good chocolate chip cookies. Your ingredients are very similar to mine although I used 2 eggs and no yogurt. Does the egg yoke in lieu of an entire 2nd egg and the yogurt make a difference? I’ve been using the old Nestle tollhouse recipe with a few tweeks such as extra vanilla and lots of extra chips. I melt the butter in the microwave, but how does one brown butter. You mentioned you had link to that process, but can’t find it.

BTW I do all my mixing of ingredients by hand. No big mixer in my kitchen. No room!

• January 15, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi Polly, I just updated the directions to include how to brown butter. Sorry for the confusion!

76. December 23, 2013 11:13 pm

And where is the Nutrition info? I wonder if the cocaine addicted rats would prefer these over oreos???

• January 15, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi Sue, I don’t include the nutritional information because the size of the cookie and ingredients varies for every baker. I would imagine the rats wouldn’t have a preference between the two cookies since they’re both high-calorie/high-sugar foods, BUT at least they’re not doing drugs anymore!

77. Kimberly permalink
    December 24, 2013 9:52 am

OMG!!! These are incredible. I’m not a baker – I can cook a mean dinner, but desserts always scare me. I made these for Christmas dinner only because my husband asked. They are involved, but nothing like what I was expecting. I really didn’t have to do much more than I would for box cookies. One suggestion though, keep everything as cold as you can. My dough started getting really sticky so I cut a chunk off to work with & threw the rest back in the fridge. Same for the Nutella. Dipped up some to work with, kept the jar in the fridge. It helped a lot!

• January 15, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi Kim, thank you for sharing and I am glad you had success! I envy your cooking skills though, something I can definitely improve upon!

78. Anita Gillen permalink
    December 24, 2013 6:39 pm

I made these cookies last week and they are delicious. Making some more tonight. They are a pain in the butt to put together with the Nutella but soooo worth it once they are done. I would not leave this step out.

• January 15, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi Anita, I couldn’t agree more! However, I have made the cookie without the Nutella for a friend with nut allergies and they were still just as amazing!

79. Notbettycrocker permalink
    December 31, 2013 12:59 am

The cookies were delicious… But mine turned out Huge and the color of chocolate cookies. Did I brown butter too long? The photo above the cookies look smaller and like normal color chocolate chip cookies. Any tips?
    Thank you!

• January 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi Shelley, did you use chilled Nutella when you stuffed the cookies? Sometimes, when the Nutella starts to warm up, it starts melding with the dough. I would suggest rolling out only 1 tablespoon of cookie dough if you want smaller cookies and adjust the Nutella accordingly. Let me know if that works!

80. Drew permalink
    December 31, 2013 10:51 am

For the love of god. Why did I make these? I have never “lost control” of myself around food like I did when I first tasted the cookie dough. I was like a cat with cat nip, and had to be pulled away. Best cookie ever hands down.

• January 15, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi Drew, as someone who isn’t the fondest of cats but knows how a cat reacts around cat nip… I sincerely LOVED that analogy.

81. Jenn permalink
    December 31, 2013 11:47 am

I just finished making these…Holy. Crap! So delicious! My last few I tried with peanut butter AND Nutella, because why not? Great recipe. I am making another batch as I was asked, “Are there anymore?” THANK YOU!

• January 15, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi Jenn, I like your style! I’ve tried making them with Biscoff spread before and they were delicious, but I still think Nutella wins my vote every time.

82. ALD permalink
    December 31, 2013 2:06 pm

When you brown the butter, do you then include both the milk solids (floating on top) and the clear browned butter in the recipe? Thanks! Can’t wait to try these!!!

83. Melissa A permalink
    January 10, 2014 1:45 pm

These are amazing! My husband, who does not like chocolate, and chocolate chip cookies are his least favorite, was WAITING BY THE OVEN WITH A PLATE! I made 2 batches last week, and was strongly requested to make another batch today! They really are wonderful. Thanks!

• January 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi Melissa, I am so happy to hear they were a hit among your family. I’ll try to bake some more non-chocolate desserts for you to try out on your husband!

84. January 10, 2014 5:42 pm

This recipe sounds amazing!!!!!! Im going to make them with Gluten Free all-purpose flour…my mouth is watering already….Thanks

• January 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi Maria, were you able to try the recipe using GF flour? How did they turn out? Would love to know, I might have to make a follow-up recipe!

85. Carol permalink
    January 18, 2014 2:49 am

Just took a savory bite and now I’m HOOKED!!! Thanks so much for the recipe! Please come out with more cookie recipes! I’ve got to feed the cookie monsters of the world!!

86. eleanore permalink
    February 27, 2014 10:01 pm

What happens if i don’t refrigerate the dough for 2 hours? Will it still be okay?

87. lex permalink
    March 17, 2014 5:38 pm

Why the yogurt? Can I leave it out?

• March 18, 2014 4:04 am

Hi Lex, the yogurt provides acidity to neutralize the baking soda. If you leave it out, the cookies might have a metallic taste!

88. March 30, 2014 10:38 am

I made the dough last night and left it in the fridge overnight. Now it’s really hard. Hoping i didn’t do something wrong!

89. Shakira permalink
    March 30, 2014 11:07 pm

Ok, I hardly ever comment when I try a recipe but I HAD TO this time. These cookies are life-changing. I made a batch on Saturday, and then had to make a double batch on Sunday! The only thing is that the cookies came out a lil more greasy than I’d like. Would reducing the butter slightly help? Or do you reckon it might be because of the Nutella?

• April 15, 2014 3:11 am

Hi Shakira, I love your enthusiasm! It most likely has to do with the butter, it is possible you’re using a butter with a higher fat content? Also, make sure the butter is cooled completely before mixing it with the sugars and let the dough rest in the fridge for AT LEAST two hours so the dough can soak up all of the butter. Let me know if that works!

90. June 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Geoff: I present the first batch of Nutella-stuffed Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Brigid: t’s like they’re trying to camouflage themselves in your countertop, but something tells me they will not be saved!

Geoff: Yeah, Brigid, I also have a chocolate chip countertop!

91. June 23, 2014 12:12 am

I pinned this on pinterest a long time ago and revisited it today, so good!!

Trackbacks

1. Pumpkin Coffee Cake « thebitesizedbaker
  2. Nutella-Stuffed Browned-Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt | Daisy Bites
  3. Sunday always comes too late for link love | Grumpy rumblings of the (formerly!) untenured
  4. Christmas Cookies
  5. Rollo Stuffed Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies | Jeanie and Lulu's Kitchen
  6. Baking Disasters! | Triathlete Treats
  7. Nutella and Dulce de Leche Stuffed Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt | thebitesizedbaker
  8. Necessities for a Cozier Lifestyle | Cozy's Concept