Thoughts, inquiries, and photos from The Bite-Sized Baker… The past few weeks. Since I am a hermit.
1. Chicago Winters are the worse… I was stuck in the car for THREE hours with this little guy last week because we had a huge snowstorm. We were both crying by the end of it.
2. I tend to indulge in the winter as well. I am kind of a dessert-snob and I never order pastries or the like when I get coffee… Mostly because I am already consuming copious amounts of sugar in my Vanilla Latte but also because I am very particular about dessert. I gave in and ordered a Nutella Croissant and oh my goodness, my world has turned upside down. Store-bought baked goods, FTW!
3. I need to learn coffee art. This just puts a smile on my face.
4. I’ve been eating breakfast like it’s cool on the weekends. Below is the Farmer’s Market Eggs Benedict complete with basil hollandaise sauce, spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes. The other weekend I tried my hand at making hollandaise sauce. Note to the wise: Use immediately. Do not let it sit while you prepare your eggs, it will get gross.
5. A BOMB egg white omelette with Black Bean Chicken Chili. I need this chili in my life every day and just eat it with everything.
6. My Super Bowl spread… Greek Nachos with homemade pita chips, ground lamb, feta, tomatoes, cucumbers, and tzatziki sauce, Nachos with chorizo-refried beans, Caramelized Onion Dip, Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Homemade Jalapeno Poppers, and Pulled Pork Sliders. This spread was so epic I didn’t even care that the 49ers lost.
7. Tony and I decided to play dress up like hipsters and go bar hopping. We managed to go to two bars… None of which were on the original bar crawl list.
8. I decided to be all artsy and take a picture of whipped egg whites… Ya diiig?
9. I was making THESE cupcakes. Sometimes I could cry from all the cute cupcakes I make.
10. Sometimes I take pictures of stuff other than food… We had our CrossFit anniversary party and I got white girl-drunk. There was dancing. And if any of you know me, you know how I dance when I’m drunk. I’m just hoping there are no videos populating the Internet of the scene.
11. A picture of the cute little nugget to make your Monday more bearable…
Happy Monday, Friends!!!