Skip to content

Buon Viaggio

December 16, 2013
I wouldn’t describe myself as spontaneous. I like planning ahead. I enjoy making schedules, itineraries, and pretty much having a detailed plan for the next six months at any given time.
14123a083c1711e3898c22000ab5c5cc_8So when Tony called me on my drive home from work several months ago and asked me if I wanted to move to Italy, I surprised myself when I screamed “YES!” in a matter of five seconds. I surprised myself again when we didn’t have a follow-up conversation about the logistics of it all… and then again when we were looking for apartments in Italy… and then again when I quit my job and told them I was moving to Italy with no job and no plan… Suuurpriiiisee???

65d2e0ae3b4a11e3ade722000a1faea4_8

The official move date is February 12th, but we’re keeping busy until then between driving cross-country to visit my family for a few weeks, looking for apartments, taking Italian classes, figuring out visas, getting a puppy passport, shipping our belongings, packing our life away, and generally just doing things that moving to another country requires.

00b5a30c39f911e3a5bc22000a9e2899_8Now that everything is out in the open I feel like I can finally breathe and soak it all in! I’ve had to keep this little adventure of ours a secret for the last few months and I’ve felt like I was going to burst at any point. I’m excited, nervous, and mostly just in disbelief about it all. I know living in Italy will continue to surprise Tony and I, and it won’t always be cannolis and espresso, but I can’t think of a better adventure with a better person… and Louie, of course.

079a1b003b4b11e3844a22000ab5c50f_8And can we just talk about all the food and recipe inspiration? I mean c’mon!!! The Bite-Sized Baker is moving to Italy!

052ae33c605c11e3bdfc123e64519d93_8
About these ads
12 Comments leave one →
  1. Maggie Penix permalink
    December 16, 2013 7:07 pm

Oh my gosh HOW exciting!!!! My 19 year old daughter and I were in Italy this summer for 2weeks and fell in love with Italy!!!! Cannot wait to go back!!! I envy you and Tony for taking this leap!!!! Can’t wait to hear about the adventures!!! maggie p.

• December 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Thank you for your support, Maggie! I am hoping to do a lot more with my blog with more free time on my hands so you should be able to read/see all of our adventures!

2. Christy permalink
    December 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Congratulations!! I’ve only recently started reading your blog, but I am so happy for you. I look forward to delicious adventures from you!!

• December 16, 2013 10:30 pm

Thank you, Christy! I apologize for the lack of blog posts, but exciting time to start following ;). Expect lots of Italian inspired recipes and adventures!

3. christydh permalink
    December 16, 2013 7:10 pm

So excited for you! Congratulations & best of luck in beautiful Italy!!

4. Linda permalink
    December 17, 2013 7:16 am

Congratulations! One more cool young person to live vicariously through. I love The Bitesized baker and have missed you. Can’t wait for Italian taste treats.

5. Sabina kruse permalink
    December 17, 2013 11:44 am

How exciting- that is some Christmas present! Congratulations and I can’t wait for more news :).
    I grow up in Munich and loved traveling all over Europe – enjoy and savor every minute !!
    A very Merry & Blessed Christmas!

Sabina Kruse

6. December 17, 2013 11:54 am

How exciting!! I am so jealous. I just started reading your blog, but I’m very excited for italian inspired recipes :)

7. Pamela Dupuy permalink
    January 7, 2014 7:14 am

How wonderful! What an adventure! What a beautiful, tasty adventure! I and others who follow your blog will anxiously await any posts you have time to share. Best of luck on the move to Italy which is a really good move. Enjoy all that lies ahead.

8. Becky permalink
    January 8, 2014 11:36 am

How very lucky!! We just returned from our 7th trip to Italy and would so love to live there! What part of Italy will you be living in? As you know the food is amazing so you will have lots of great inspiration. Have fun!

• January 15, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi Becky, seven times is amazing! I’ve only gone two times before and to be honest, I haven’t done too much exploring since both trips centered around work or finding an apartment. We’ll be moving to Florence, the origin of gelato among many other things! ;)